We've got a gun. In fact, we've got two. That's OK, man, 'cause we love God.



love


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I want to go back and take down -- or at least edit -- my previous post. But that seems disingenuous at best and cowardly at worst. Had I done so, I would have left this in its place:

Raskolnikov felt sick
But he couldn't say why
When he saw his face reflected in his victim's twinkling eye
Some things you do for money
Some things you do for fun
But the things you do for love are going to come back to you one by one

("Love Love Love" from the Mountain Goats' the Sunset Tree)


8 Responses to “love”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Ah, Pris, I think I am falling in love with you from afar.

  2. Blogger D-Train 

    I wouldn't read too much into your last post. I think some people are ticked off about this for good reasons and the sort of dialogue that emerged over there probably did make its fakeness a bigger deal.

    My honest opinion is that it doesn't matter too much one way or the other. I played a prank one time where I was pretending to hook up with a young lady in our ward. One girl got so into it that when she found out it was a joke, she wouldn't talk to me for three months.

    I never anticipated that anyone would be hurt by it. It was a silly little prank, and who gets so involved in a stranger's romantic life that it's a crushing blow to learn it was a fake? But, alas, it happened and a pretty good girl was hurt by it.

    Like my little prank, I never would assume that anyone's feelings would be hurt by a blog. But they were. It's just important to remember, in my view, that in cases like this, the prankster is almost always guilty of bad judgment and not malice.

  3. Blogger Steve 

    Pris, interesting stuff. It will be a brave new world once all the stuff settles from bannergate.

  4. Blogger Logan 

    Nice choice on the song. It's one of my very favorites this year.

  5. Blogger RoastedTomatoes 

    I agree with Logan. I loved that entire album.

    I also agree with Pris--I killed the comments queue on my "condemnation post," and I hope the Bannerites will accept that as what it was: an expression of sincere but passing emotion. (Sorry, folks...)

  6. Blogger Mike 

    Ah, D-Train had commented. I suppose I should have read here first before posting my comment previously.

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Think that will drive you some extra traffic?

  8. Blogger annegb 

    I didn't see anything bad about your post, or stupid or anything derogatory. It was honest. Actually, "bitchmove" seemed like a good word to me. I'm going to save it and use it. Like rat bastard, or "I'm going to pee on your grave" or other good bad things.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Links



Previous posts


Archives


ATOM 0.3