We've got a gun. In fact, we've got two. That's OK, man, 'cause we love God.



Bad, bad D-Train


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I hesitate to even share what I did today.

In fact, What I Did probably deserves to be capitalized.

I made fun of a Special Olympian.

I totally didn't mean to and it wasn't heard by anyone except one other guy that was also making fun of the Special Olympians. So here's what happened.

I was at the OU-Belmont basketball game (just two hours after I attended the 42-14 Bedlam football victory over Oklahoma State) and standing in the CrimZone courtside student area. At halftime, the Durant Bulls and the Riverside (somethings) took the floor. I and another fellow thought that these were high school teams. Thus the heckling started.

"I count one, no two mullets! And that guy with a mullet is really fat! These are the crappiest high school teams in history!"

Then the PA announcer says: "Please give a Sooner welcome to the Durant Bulls and the Riverside (somethings). Durant and Riverside are part of Special Olympic competit.....

Awkward looks are exchanged. Glances are directed outward to make sure that nobody observed our idiocy. Upon seeing that none had done so, we vowed to never mention it again.

In good news, I dropped my best heckle of the game in the closing seconds:

"Hey, ref, if you call fouls like that, the terrorists win!"

I doubt that it canceled out What I Did.


2 Responses to “Bad, bad D-Train”

  1. Anonymous Mike 

    Thank you for making me laugh out loud.

  2. Anonymous Geoff J 

    Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! Well you can at least console yourself with the fact that it was a "sin in ignorance"...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Links



Previous posts


Archives


ATOM 0.3