We've got a gun. In fact, we've got two. That's OK, man, 'cause we love God.



Goodbye, Kirby


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



[Author's note]: Please edit as you wish, Pris. I know you're a Twinkie man.

Kirby Puckett has passed away at the age of 45.

I am, of course, a St. Louis Cardinal fan. As such, I have no love for the Metrodome in any shape or form. But I just can't find it in myself to resent Kirby Puckett.

Kirby played baseball with a joy that I could understand. Kirby never let the business get in the way of the game. Even as he was an imperfect person, he played the game I love the way I love to see it played. Never any regret at all.

From Game Six to his graceful retirement, Kirby made baseball better. We'll miss him.


6 Responses to “Goodbye, Kirby”

  1. Anonymous Mark IV 

    D-Train, your willingness to publicly confess your devotion to the Cardinals give me reason to question your character. As a Don Denkinger fan myself, I have been through many character building seasons lately.

    But character aside, I agree completely with you about Kirby Puckett. He made a great game better.

  2. Anonymous NFlanders 

    Didn't Kirby beat his wife? I can't give any respect to scum like that, even if they are dead.

  3. Anonymous Pris 

    Flanders: He was accused and later acquitted. Make of it what you will.

    But what he did for the game is nothing short of exceptional.

  4. Anonymous D-Train 

    My understanding of the Kirby situation is that what actually happened between he and his wife was very unclear. He may have been an abuser and he may not have been.

    In the absence of real evidence, I'm choosing to focus on the positive side of his life.

  5. Anonymous Rich 

    Puckett, Pujols, Piazza... These are guys that play the game the right way and keep making it worth our while to watch Americas past time. Kirby will be missed.

  6. Anonymous YXCxAHZySu 

    5wfNvpR9rC HiwZcUmHcPBOH NSo2WVsmdv

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Links



Previous posts


Archives


ATOM 0.3